viernes, 12 de septiembre de 2014

I really like art, so i can’t really choose a single piece. But one of my favourites is “The return of the prodigal son”. Is a beautiful oil painting by Rembrandt, he made it in the decade of 1660, in Holland. The painting tells a biblical story, and even though I don’t like religion, this painting is very important for me, thanks to this piece of work I met my art teacher who gave me art lessons after school.
When I was 16 years old, my religion teacher asked Luz María to show us this painting and tell it’s story, she was a really passionate teacher and I ended up crying, she told us that forgiveness was and exceptional thing that could change people’s lives, she described how the hands of the father hugged his son, but weren’t together, weren’t closed around his neck because there was the space of freedom, we can make lots of mistakes, but if out there is someone that can watch us and forgive us, then we are still alive, if someone shows love in his eyes, we could still carry on.
The brother in the painting is angry, and hurt, because he was always with his father and his father is now supporting the rebel son, but his cape is made of the same cloth as his father’s, that’s because they are equal, and because his father trusts, and loves him.

When I talked with my teacher after her explanation, she told me that she was really nervous and she don’t know why, because she was always making these kind of things, and since she is a religious person she thought that God wanted that her explanation gave me an opportunity to have classes with her, she guided me in my decision of what study.


 

3 comentarios:

  1. Oh, Rembrandt is amazing, his paints have that strange thing... it's almost magic!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Meaningful is the life when a teacher becomes your master.
    Excellent piece of art!.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. The person that is behind looks like a ghost! :O jajaja

    ResponderEliminar